Tuesday 25 September 2007

NANC'S WORDS

MY WORDS – MY TRUTH

Nanc Rick

About a year before I left the abuser, I remember walking through the kitchen door to see him sitting at the table. In the depth of my soul I prayed hard “Lord, let him shoot me, I can’t take this pain no more.” But he let me keep on breathing….

I will share with you a dream or nightmare I have had many times:

I am with my children, we are walking on a painful path, cliffs on both sides. My feet are bare and the rocks are sharp. “Stay close” I say, for fear they would fall. At the end of the path is a raging river. I glance down to see its fury. When I look up, I see the abuser with my children on the other side, laughing and taking them away. Then I find myself in a house on top of the river, with posts to hold it in place in the raging water. I stand at the end of the house over the river. Just stand. The posts start to crack and break, the walls fall into the river, the roof crumbles down on me and I go down.

No comments: